There are many who may think that these two subject areas are about as far apart as they ever could be. But think about this. At one time or another, HR practitioners have had the opportunity to:
- Accelerate a change effort
- Improve the velocity of talent in your organization
- Work with a high-voltage leader
- Meet your share of resistance
- Be amped-up by a good training session
- Be carried forward by the momentum of a project
- Explain to an employee the gravity of a situation
- Focus on the critical mass of employees
- Work on applicant flow
- Address friction between co-workers
- Work from the nucleus of an idea
Our language – our day-to-day expressions, are peppered with words based in science. Over the next couple of weeks, I’ll be bringing some of these to your attention, and you might be surprised to find how much you know about the physics of our world through your experiences in our frequently non-scientific roles.
Any other similar expressions I neglected to include?
Here are the related posts.